Saturday, 28 May 2016

Human again

As is the status quo of late, ill health has kept me off the bike for most of the last few months, muscle tremors and fatigue- not even my back this time.
Waiting for an apt with neurologist now to rule out anything serious. Not a nice thing to have lurking in the subconscience, but something both my Physio and Dr (and me) think needs to be ruled out. 
If I get the all clear, all the issues I've had with my back will seem small fry in comparison and I'll just be eternally grateful it's not the permanent diagnosis I hope it isn't.
Ironically my back has been great lately, so I really am biting down on the back of my hand in frustration that something else has raised its head.
Would have been a treat to experience a whole year of good cycling, but there you go.
Some girls have all the luck.
Over the last few months I've managed a few commutes to work. That's 8.6km each way, but I've been shattered each time, with legs which think they've just cycled 100km.
I wish.
Today I managed 33km.
Had a rest after, secretly hoping these constant muscle tremors would magically disappear (fuck off), but I'm still trembling like a cold dog.
Had the tremors after the last 80km cycle I did.
Who knows what the cause is, could be a billion things. Blood tests all came back healthy.
You'd swear I was doing this for attention.
I just signed out of the Orwell whasap group, my hopes of being healthy enough to re-join them have gone.
For now.
I'm disappointed I'm still trembling after the 33km today. Means that the 2 weeks total rest didn't work and neither did just biting the bullet and going for a cycle.
So what can I do?
Bite on the back of my hand!
Some pics from today.
Yearned for the smells, sights and sounds of Strawberry beds and with a hazy, warm day I was treated to all at full volume.
It was like arriving home cycling along, I felt human again.